Parts & Service
Filters & Fluids
The benefits of choosing Caterpillar Filters and Fluids products include improvements to machine life and engine performance. They are designed for the exact requirements of Cat machines, tested through rigorous conditions and applications. Cat filters provide the superior quality and protection you need to maximise your engine and other component system’s life. Cat fluids are a range of greases, coolants and oils for specific applications and components.
There is a handy quick reference parts guide for Parts.Cat.Com here.
Cat Machine Grease
Engine Coolant & Conditioners
Engine Oil Filters
Fuel Filters Hydraulic & Transmission Filters
FILTERS & FLUIDS FAQ
1. Are Cat filters just another aftermarket brand painted yellow?
No. Cat filters are produced by Caterpillar in a Caterpillar jointly-owned facility operating as AFSI (Advanced Filtration Systems Inc.)
2. Aren’t you just paying for the name – what’s the difference inside the can?
Cat filters incorporate unique Caterpillar design features such as:
- acrylic beads to prevent media bunching
- spiral roving to reduce pleat flex and fatigue
- moulded end caps, one piece design which eliminates leak paths
- non-metallic centre tube, stronger than metal and maximises cleanliness
3. Who makes Cat fluids?
Cat oil is unique to Caterpillar, the additive packages are blended to suit Caterpillar machine requirements by specific oil grade in a partnership with Exxon. Caterpillar Extended Life Coolant (ELC) is also produced in a partnership with Chevron to stringent Caterpillar machine requirements.
4. How long does Cat Extended Life Coolant (ELC) last?
For machines and commercial engines up to 12,000 hours or 6 years, whichever comes first. For truck engines up to 1,000,000 kilometres or 6 years, whichever comes first. (All subject to acceptable scheduled sampling)
5. How long does Cat Hydraulic Oil (HYDO) last?
Cat HYDO Advanced 10 lasts up to 6,000 hours (subject to acceptable scheduled sampling.) This is the best product available for Cat machine hydraulic systems.
Safety Data Sheet (SDS) information
- UltraSoniX™ HV
- Cat 75W-140 Syn Gear Oil
- Cat DEO CF40
- Cat DEO ULS 15W40
- Cat Natural Gas Engine Oil Advanced 40
- Cat Special Application Engine Oil (SAE 30)
- Cat Multipurpose Tractor Oil
- Cat Special Application Transmission SATO
- Cat Final Drive Axle Oil
- Cat Transmission & Drive Train Oil 10W
- Cat Transmission & Drive Train Oil 30
- Cat Transmission & Drive Train Oil 50
- Supplemental Coolant Additive
- Cat Coolant Conditioner for Aluminum Componants
- Cat Extend Life Coolant
- CAT ATF HD2
- CAT BALL BEARING GREASE
- CAT COMPACTOR OIL
- CAT DEO 15W40 DIESEL ENGINE OIL
- CAT DEO-ULS 15W-40
- CAT DEO-ULS COLD WEATHER 0W-40
- CAT DEO-ULS SYN 5W-40
- CAT DIESEL ENGINE OIL DEO CF 40
- CAT EXTREME APPLICATION GREASE - ARCTIC
- CAT EXTREME APPLICATION GREASE - DESERT
- CAT EXTREME APPLICATION GREASE 1
- CAT EXTREME APPLICATION GREASE 2
- CAT FINAL DRIVE AND AXLE OIL FDAO 60
- CAT GEAR OIL 220
- CAT GEAR OIL 80W-90
- CAT GEAR OIL 85W-140
- CAT HYDO ADVANCED 10
- CAT HYDO ADVANCED 30
- CAT MULTIPURPOSE TRACTOR OIL MTO
- CAT NATURAL GAS ENGINE OIL ADVANCED 40