Join Our Team
An apprenticeship with us is the foundation of a rewarding career on or off the tools. Our industry is constantly evolving, fueled by technological advances and offers national and global opportunities.
We are committed to taking on about 15 apprentices each year at various branch locations across New Zealand.
Why undertake an apprenticeship with Terra Cat?
- you will become a qualified tradesperson in a skill short industry
- you are paid to work 40+ hours / week while you undertake your training
- you join an industry with a future
- you will earn well above the median wage in New Zealand once qualified
- you will have worldwide work opportunities with the global brand Caterpillar
- you will receive regular pay rises throughout your training as you achieve milestones
- you will have access to all Terra Cat’s staff benefits – such as tool advances, medical insurance, dollar for dollar employer superannuation contribution, fuel discounts and purchasing privileges
To be considered for an apprenticeship you need:
- to be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- NCEA Level 2 in Maths and English
- Either: to have completed or be completing a Level 3 pre-trade automotive course through a recognised provider and have completed at least 100 hours work experience at the branch where you are seeking an apprenticeship
Or: have a minimum of two years full time work experience in a related field
- your full driver’s license
This year we have two apprentice intakes planned - one to start in July 2021 and one to start in January 2022.
February work experience applications open
March applications for the July 2021 apprenticeships advertised
May offers made to July intake apprentices
July midyear intake apprentices start with Terra Cat
August applications for the January 2022 apprenticeships advertised
November apprenticeship offers made
January 2022 2022 apprentices start with Terra Cat
Become our power on the ground with a Terra Cat apprenticeship.