Cat Ground Engaging Tools (or G.E.T.) is a high quality system designed to protect against structural harm and wear to your heavy equipment. Genuine Cat G.E.T. assists you to protect expensive blades, buckets and ripper shanks on your machines from wear and structural harm from the moment they hit the ground.
Suitable for construction, earthmoving, mining and agricultural applications, Terra Cat offers a wide array of integrated Cat ground engaging tools for your machine that are optimised for productivity, including:
- Edge Protection
- Ripper Protection
- Cutting Edges
- Sidebar Protection
- Wear Protection
Talk to one of our Territory Managers or Product Support consultants to ensure you select the ground engaging tools to suit your operation.
Terra Cat offers a wide range of Cat grader cutting edges for motor graders and scrapers. Each provides benefits when used in the appropriate application. Using the right edge is critical for enhancing production and keeping total costs to a minimum. The three factors to consider in choosing a cutting edge are shape, width and thickness.
There are two basic edge shapes for motor graders – flat and curved – with serrated edges available in both configurations. In addition, the Cat GraderBits System dramatically expands the range of edge shape options. Cat offers two types of grader edges and three edge thicknesses for the 16M and 24M motor graders.
- Superior Durability, More Options: Cat DH-2 through-hardened steel edges are available in a variety of shapes and thicknesses to fit every application.
- Extended Edge Life: Maximise your edge life with tungsten carbide edges.
- Maximum Penetration, Minimum Waste: Cutting bit systems.
Use the downloadable resources below to make the right cutting edge selection for your motor grader based on your application, and learn important differences in our product range.
Cat Dozers work many different industries, applications, climates and environments and can be customised for specific jobs just like the Cat G.E.T. that protects dozer blades or ripper systems. Both of these work tools have to balance ground penetration or wear life. Dozer blades, cutting edges and end bits are designed to move more material over a longer period with less downtime, translating into a lower cost per hour for you.
Cat end bits and cutting edges for dozer blades can be custom ordered with Cat Abrasion Resistant Material which is recommended for applications where sand, gravel or other abrasive materials severely diminish wear life, and it has the following benefits:
- Safer, Simpler Installation: Threaded holes allow easier handling of edges at first install or during rotation to wear opposite edge.
- Minimal Throw Away: Multiple edge sections allow you to rotate or replace only the worn areas.
- Improved Productivity: Broad offerings allow you to have both end bit penetration and long cutting edge life, resulting in less maintenance.
Hydraulic excavators are extremely versatile machines used for a variety of purposes, from grading to mass excavation and demolition work. A hydraulic excavator’s main work tool is a bucket, but these machines can also be equipped with hydraulic couplers to pick up a variety of tools.
Balancing your desired productivity/penetration with the wear life of your system is critical. Excessive wear material can reduce productivity and increase fuel burn. Cat hydraulic excavator buckets and G.E.T. are designed as a balanced system to increase life while minimising drag.
Even though bucket tips come in many shapes and sizes, you don’t have to be an expert to choose the right ones. Use the chart (PDF) above to determine if the material you’re digging in is high, medium or low impact and abrasion — then find the balance you need among these three factors:
- Strength – the ability to withstand digging and penetrating shocks and high breakout forces
- Penetration – the ability to penetrate tough material when it’s tightly compacted, rocky or frozen
- Wear Life – the ability to withstand wearing, scouring and abrasive action of the material being handled
Choosing the right cutter bit for a paving or demolition application is very important to maximize overall performance of your Cat machine. The biggest influencers in your decision should be given to what material is being milled, depth of cut, and the horsepower of your machine.
Download the Quick Reference Guide PDF above to find the right part number the Cat cutter bits that you need.
Selecting the proper rippers and scarifiers for your dozer, scraper or motor grader can make the difference between just being able to rip a material and being able to reach optimum efficiency and maximum production. Production ripping usually requires a single shank ripper, as do very hard or tightly compacted materials. The multi-shank ripper is especially useful in pre-ripping for scrapers or other loading tools.
Scarifiers are available in two configurations, V-Block and Straight Block:
- Cat V-Block Scarifiers fit ahead of the blade, hold up to 11 shanks and loosen a path 1168mm wide. They are available to fit Cat 12, 120, 140 and 112 motor graders
- Cat Straight Block Scarifiers are mounted on the rear of the machine and are best used for higher-speed applications in shallow, low impact applications. Holding up to 17 shanks and loosening a path 1828mm wide, these are available to fit Cat 12 and 14 Motor Graders.
Cat machines are built for years of use. Wear protection parts – chocky bars, wear buttons, roll bars and wear blocks – protect machine and bucket surfaces from wear, maximising productivity and uptime in a variety of applications.
The most important part of any machine is its work tool, and for the wheel loader that often means its bucket. Terra Cat can offer you a selection of ‘off-the-shelf’ or custom G.E.T. systems that will maximise your wheel loader bucket’s ability to produce and work to reduce your business’s operating and maintenance costs.
We stock the full range of genuine Cat ground engaging tools for your wheel loader bucket, including side bar & edge protection, tip & adapter systems. Use the downloadable resources below to learn more about what is available for your equipment then work with your region’s Parts & Service Sales Representative to select the components built for your industry and jobsite conditions.